Lead Data Visualization Engineer
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Lead Data Visualization Engineer, you will work closely together with engineers, designers, and product managers to create and advocate best-in-class data visualizations that are used across the Sysdig Platform. You will create engaging experiences that allow our customers to swiftly gather the data needed to reach critical business outcomes.
What you will do
- Leverage your technical expertise to help the team make sound decisions around engineering, product direction, and design.
- Build high-performance, scalable and maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies and data visualization tools.
- Stay abreast of trends in the evolving world of web development, champion new technologies, architectures and solutions
- Work cross functionally with allied teams to improve the architecture while building and scaling front end services.
- Define solutions to user problems and prioritize for optimal outcomes.
- Build pixel perfect interfaces that Sysdig users love to work with.
What you will bring with you
- 8-10+ years experience leading Frontend / UI and Data Visualization projects
- Experienced and very proficient in TypeScript
- Experience with D3.js with strong knowledge of data visualization concepts and best practices
- Experience with UI design patterns, security, performance and usability
- Strong understanding of data structures and optimization
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
What we look for
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- The ability to lead and drive projects and inspire those they work with.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth