In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real-time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are improving and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with as we work. We're an international company that understands how to cultivate a culture across remote teams.
And we're a great place to work too – we've been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We're seeking a client-facing Senior Customer Reliability Engineer in Milan with a problem-solving mindset to support and resolve the technical issues experienced by some of our highest-valued customers.
We are looking for a person with a mix of technical support and engineering experience to work with our enterprise customers. You will be a necessary point of customer contact for resolving complex technical issues. You will also serve as a customer advocate, ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments, while providing service.
What you will do
- Work as an integral member of the technical support team providing incident management and customer problem resolution.
- Document issues, debug complex problems, and collaborate with Engineering to provide solutions.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers.
- Assist in customer installation and integrations.
- Help with the development of internal and customer-facing knowledge and documentation.
- Contribute to the formulation of reliability procedures.
- Triage and document bugs and enhancement requests as seen in the field, and through reproduction.
- Train and support other team members, partners, channel partners.
- Be a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
What you will bring with you
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support/escalation resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS).
- Hands-on Linux experience.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Bash/Shell/Python).
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Experience establishing communication and engagement with prospects.
- And manage multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- With self-development ability.
- Prioritize activities.
What we look for
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, or Kafka.
- Experience using or integrating with Systems Management technologies.
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software.
- Experience in application integration.
- Previous startup experience.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We're a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Great compensation package, including equity opportunities.
- An international culture with employees in more than 40 countries.
- Flexible schedule.
- Mental well-being support for you and your family, a wellness alliance, and company-wide recharge days.
- Career growth opportunities.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.