Senior Manager – Global Strategic Accounts
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
At Sysdig we believe our values make us who we are and inspire and guide us every day. They drive our culture, our strategy, and our vision. Our three values are: Love our Customers, Trust the Team and Dig Deeper. We are creating the best in class customer experience in Cloud, Kubernetes, and Container security. You can see our Sysdig Vision here
We are looking for a Sr. Manager – Global Strategic Accounts. As a trusted customer advocate, Solutions Architects help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. Our CSA’s and CSE’s provide advice on strategies ensuring that our customers are maximizing their investments and ROI in their cloud-native architectures by utilizing Sysdig technology to secure and manage their containers and microservices at scale; all while solving the customers' most complex operational DevOps, secure DevOps, and cloud security challenges. You’ll help drive successful business outcomes across a broad set of enterprise customers through your passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud-based solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team and company; at the forefront of cloud security & monitoring, assisting many of the world’s leading businesses in their digital transformation.
This is a technical leadership role that reports directly to the Director of Solutions Architecture.
- Be the technical authority on the Sysdig Platform and become the customer’s trusted advisor
- Perform the direct line management and leadership function for a highly technical team of Sr. Customer Solution Architects and Engineers within Global Solutions Architecture (GSA) organization.
- Partner with sales leaders to align on account plans and growth activities. Engage during the pre-sales process to scope and position CS offerings.
- Define, build and operationalize processes to re-engage existing accounts.
- Utilize product telemetry and human interaction to drive health scores for each customer.
- Drive GRR/NRR metrics growth within your book of business with tight alignment with the Sales leadership in each Geo.
- Define and deliver measurement of key account metrics across the customer success lifecycle, inclusive of account health monitoring.
- Provide resource forecasting to inform broader business resourcing strategy.
- Efficient onboarding and enablement of new team members.
- All HR responsibilities relating to direct reports including leave management, performance management, and ongoing professional development.
- Make recommendations for operational improvement within the team.
- Provide leadership and development planning for GSA team members.
- Develop internal processes across the customer lifecycle, such as ownership transition and changes to contractual obligations or tiers.
- Maintain strong relationships with key functional areas that enable Solution Architects.
- Experience in managing either a Pre-Sales engineering team and/or post-sales Technical Engineering Teams.
- A history of developing high-level designs and architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from pre-sales to delivery.
- A seasoned information security professional with deep understanding of CICD, kubernetes and cloud-native architectures.
- A proven team leader with the ability to provide teams with the guidance and direction required in a rapidly growing company.
- 3+ years of experience leading technical account engineers or architects in a SaaS or subscription enterprise software company.
- Professional services experience is a plus.
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption, and leveraging customer success best practices.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving, and escalation management.
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development, and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and innovative team player who strives to inspire customer loyalty.
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- Experience working with high touch and highly technical clients, preferably in the financial sector.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep experience in customer experience with an understanding of measures that span the customer lifecycle (SaaS-specific experience a plus).
- Ability to effectively summarize and present complex principles to an executive audience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize complex business structures; flexibility of working in an environment of sporadic operational needs with varying urgencies and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong aptitude for anticipating operational needs and working with resources to provide results.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient understanding of Sysdig Products & Services as well cloud-native architectures and technologies.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Encouragement to specialize in technical accreditations