Senior Software Engineering Manager
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection and cloud security posture management products. We are also spearheading contributions to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run..
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- Lead product engineering for Sysdig’s next generation cloud security products.
- Deliver commercial products and features aligning strategy, roadmap and process.
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the broader organization goals.
- Develop the long-term technical vision and roadmap within and beyond the scope of the team. Evolve the roadmap to meet current and future requirements
- Oversee system designs and review product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems while maintaining quality. Review and provide feedback to ensure best practices are followed.
- Set clear expectations with engineers based on their level and role while aligning to the broader organization goals. Meet regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development. Provide mentorship and coaching.
Partner with cross-functional teams including product management, infrastructure & SRE, product security, customer support and sales enablement.
What you will bring with you
- 5 years experience managing software engineering teams in distributed system environments with people management leadership roles.
- Expertise in at least one public cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in containerized environments and Kubernetes/Container based deployment.
- Proven record of scalable system integrations over API and asynchronous messaging with at least one public cloud environment.
- Expert in scalable database development and modeling. Proficient in PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and/or Cassandra.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
What we look for
- Inspirational engineering leader passionate about solving problems in the cloud.
- Continuous learner curious about customer journey and customer experience.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- Servant leader invested in people and the team's growth.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $192,000 and $240,000 year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.