We’re searching for a Business Development Representative to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: As a BDR, you will play a hands-on role in building a company that continues to revolutionize the container monitoring and security space. This role will require a perfect mix of (1) nimble thinking and a comfort with constant learning, (2) a passion for mentoring and leadership, and (3) a maniacal focus on sales execution. You will work directly with the executive team, and will help set and achieve strategic go-to-market goals. As a primary customer-facing contact, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to make your learnings their learnings.
This position brings the opportunity for significant career advancement. It is expected that successful new hires will have opportunities to advance rapidly into sales management positions internally at Sysdig.
- Working in a team environment, you’ll source prospects, develop opportunities and sell Sysdig's Container Intelligence Platform to new accounts through outbound call and email campaigns
- Consistently achieve individual & team monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Develop skills necessary for successful lead generation and demo completion
- Educate customers on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyers purchasing process
- Proactively promote sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors and overall market knowledge
- Document activities accurately in Salesforce.com
- Possibility of travel to trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1+ years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, including developers or IT operations is preferred
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline & sales quotas
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience both major pluses
- Desire to be coached, trained and mentored towards a successful software sales career
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.