Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re searching for a Business Development Representative to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project, is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: As a BDR, you will play a hands-on role in building a company that continues to revolutionize the container monitoring and security space. This role will require a perfect mix of (1) nimble thinking and comfort with constant learning, (2) a passion for mentoring and leadership, and (3) a maniacal focus on sales execution. You will work directly with the executive team and will help set and achieve strategic go-to-market goals. As primary customer-facing contact, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to make your learnings their learnings.
This position brings the opportunity for significant career advancement. It is expected that successful new hires will have opportunities to advance rapidly into sales management positions internally at Sysdig.
- Working in a team environment, you’ll source prospects, develop opportunities for Sysdig Secure, Monitor and Platform to new accounts through outbound efforts (email, phone) as well as other marketing campaigns
- Consistently achieve individual & team monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Develop skills necessary for successful lead generation and demo completion
- Educate customers on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyers purchasing process
- Proactively promote Sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors, and overall market knowledge
- Document activities accurately in Salesforce.com
- Possibility of travel to trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1+ years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, including developers or IT operations is preferred
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing, or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline & sales quotas
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience both major pluses
- Desire to be coached, trained, and mentored towards a successful software sales career
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.