We are searching for a Director of Corporate Communications in our headquarters in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood to build this function from the ground up.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: we're looking to bring on a Director of Corporate Communications whose overarching objective of this role is to build a strong, consistent and evolving narrative around Sysdig and the next generation of software infrastructure while building the audience that’s listening to us tell it.
What you'll be doing
- Develop strategies for both external and internal communications
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external agencies to develop and execute communications programs designed to drive company goals
- Build relationships with media outlets and reporters, and be comfortable pitching media, writing briefing documents and staffing interviews
- Educate press, bloggers and other external parties about Sysdig and our business
- Run our analyst relations program with Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others
- Run our speaking bureau to drive awareness about Sysdig at major industry events
- Coordinate social media efforts
- Develop and manage press materials including briefing documents, strategic press plans, reactive statements, blog posts as well as managing company spokespeople
What you should bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10+ years experience in communications and press relations at an agency or in-house
- Deep understanding of product and corporate communications
- Ability to take complex technology and create simple, compelling messages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and manage relationships with all levels of management; strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Experience managing external agencies and the associated budget
- Experience with B2B infrastructure or developer-oriented products
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.