Sysdig is at the forefront of container and microservice adoption in the enterprise. Our unique platform is the first unified approach to security, monitoring, and forensics in the market. What’s more, we’re based on popular open source technology that has millions of users across the world.
In this fast moving, highly complex industry with bleeding edge technology, storytelling is essential to conveying to audiences why containers matter, what they will do for enterprises and how Sysdig makes this all possible.
As Sysdig continues to grow, we're looking to bring on a Director of Corporate Communications to be based in our San Francisco headquarters. The overarching objective of this role is to build a strong, consistent and evolving narrative around Sysdig and the next generation of software infrastructure while building the audience that’s listening to us tell it.
- Develop strategies for both external and internal communications
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external agencies to develop and execute communications programs designed to drive company goals
- Build relationships with media outlets and reporters, and be comfortable pitching media, writing briefing documents and staffing interviews
- Educate press, bloggers and other external parties about Sysdig and our business
- Run our analyst relations program with Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others
- Run our speaking bureau to drive awareness about Sysdig at major industry events
- Coordinate social media efforts
- Develop and manage press materials including briefing documents, strategic press plans, reactive statements, blog posts as well as managing company spokespeople
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10+ years experience in communications and press relations at an agency or in-house
- Deep understanding of product and corporate communications
- Ability to take complex technology and create simple, compelling messages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and manage relationships with all levels of management; strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Experience managing external agencies and the associated budget
- Experience with B2B infrastructure or developer-oriented products
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.