Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are an engineering director with the expertise to build and grow a team while taking care of site operational aspects, we would like to connect. Ideally, you have experience delivering high quality, scalable software products in cloud native environments.
Own the architecture, design and delivery of the services, data storage and data pipelines that make up the Sysdig Secure Platform. Sysdig Secure is breaching the boundaries of traditional security offerings; by leveraging Sysdig’s massively scalable backend, we can provide users breadth and depth of contextual data that takes security analysis to the next level. Building Security for Cloud Native environments like Kubernetes requires a different type of thinking. Reporting to our VP of Engineering, you will be instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform and will be chartered with leading and scaling a team of developers based in Milan.
We have a globally distributed engineering organization with locations in San Francisco (HQ), Raleigh NC, Belgrade, Zaragoza and Milan (recently established). We expect that you will collaborate closely with our product managers, engineering leaders, architects and designers to influence product direction and design. You will deliver complex high performing, high quality, scalable software products that serve Security Personnel, in their journey to secure their cloud native environments. We’re seeking a motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent.
- Build and grow the Sysdig site in Milan
- Attend and present Sysdig at different meetups and conferences to improve the company visibility in the Italian market
- Communicate frequently with different stakeholders at Sysdig’s headquarters to address the people and site needs
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers, balancing rigor and process against velocity
- Lead strategic planning and design sessions with Product Management and Business stakeholders to create a shared vision and technical roadmap
- Hire and lead engineers that work as part of a globally distributed engineering organization (San Francisco, Raleigh, Europe)
- Draw on customer feedback and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services
- Communicate at all levels, including strategic, planning, and technical – both oral and in writing – by producing adequate artifacts that outline the technical direction, delivery plan and status, technical architecture
- Facilitate engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and structure for regular assessment and improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally to coordinate, plan, and communicate progress with leads from other engineering teams, program management, release management, dev-ops, product management and customer facing teams
- Seasoned Engineering Leader — you have ideally led in startups and large companies and have learned how to balance the strengths of each
- Experience recruiting and developing talent, and managing in a global, geographically distributed organization
- Successful background leading the development and delivery of complex, enterprise class software
- Domain expertise in distributed systems, big data, ML, system level software or cloud services is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Integration best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with Service and Micro-Service Oriented Architecture, RESTful APIs, Real Time Data Ingestion and Processing Pipeline, Structured and Unstructured Data Storage
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive engineering work in a hands-on fashion when needed
- Deep understanding and experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, architecture and design, risk assessment
Domain exposure in one or several of the following areas a plus:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Go, Java, AWS, Unix
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: employee wellness, housecleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic office location in the heart of Brera district
How to apply
We review resumes as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don't use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be much appreciated.
Sysdig are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.