Enterprise Sr. Sales Engineer – Central (Territory – Chicago, Minneapolis, Ohio)
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Due to continued steady growth, we have an opportunity for you to become part of a great culture on a great sales team as an Enterprise Sr. Sales Engineer.
What you can expect to do:
- Drive in-depth discovery discussions with prospective customers to understand their environment and associated needs
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- Interface with teams at Sysdig to evangelize offerings to specific customer needs
- Assist customers with POCs and drive success
- Interface with Sysdig support, customer success, and professional services teams to ensure happy Sysdig customers are power users of the product
- Help shape the culture and future of the Sysdig Sales Engineering organization
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the security landscape and articulate the general struggles of securing cloud-native applications
- Speak cogently about the cross-section of CNCF/OSS projects and commercial offerings
- Be a trusted advisor to customers and prospects helping them navigate this brand new technology space
- 8+ years technical sales experience with infrastructure, enterprise software
- Exposure to the container ecosystem and microservices
- Significant Fortune 500 Customer facing experience
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end users
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience balancing multiple customers while getting results quickly
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- Command line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- BS in EE/CS from a top university (optional, but highly encouraged)
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Security SW
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.