Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We’re looking for Lead Software Engineers to join the agent team which is responsible for the technology that makes Sysdig unique. You will be working on Linux kernel internals, the Sysdig analyzer for container orchestrators, and the monitoring frameworks for varied cloud-native applications. You will need to have strong systems-level fundamentals, excellent object-oriented design and coding skills and the ability to solve issues in complex distributed environments.
- Technical lead for building, enhancing and scaling Golang based integrations that provide Sysdig with cluster-wide visibility for Kubernetes, Marathon, and Docker Swarm based deployments.
- Lead the design and development efforts in the agent and Sysdig backend for new features across geographically distributed teams.
- Implement architectural changes that advance product scale in large enterprise production environments.
- 5+ years experience in building and optimizing scalable and distributed software systems.
- 2+ years of experience writing code in Golang to implement features and address defects in existing products.
- Strong experience in C/C++ is highly preferred.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus is a plus.
- Experience in scripting and DevOps is a plus.
- Ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal stakeholders and, when applicable, to customers is required.
- C, C++
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have a fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work).
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week.
- Free monthly house cleaning service.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.