We’re looking for a technically-savvy and passionate Lead / Senior Technical Writer to lead all aspects of Technical Writing, right from serving as the voice of our users to driving the overall success of the Technical Writing function. This role will be based in our San Francisco or alternatively Raleigh office.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: We’re looking for a self-starter and a thought leader who will help build a strong, positive, and innovative culture of quality and innovation. You will be instrumental in influencing and guiding senior management on industry best practices and new technologies that will help Sysdig scale. You have also demonstrated the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. With your strong technical writing skills, attention to detail, solid interpersonal and project management skills, you will be a key link among product, engineering, sales, support, and customers.
- Collaborate with our Engineering teams, Product Managers, Product Designers, Sales, Support, Marketing, and other groups to develop and deliver effective materials that support our products
- Lead documentation projects and provide guidance, support and drive consistency in workflow and writing style for involved writers
- Write technical documentation, how-to-guides release notes, FAQs, user manuals, in-product messages that serve as the primary interface of how to use Sysdig to the external world
- Clearly articulate user value while maintaining user objectives, in all documentation
- Ensure documentation shared with customers is accurate, current and of highest quality. In several cases, test the documentation and report bugs/issues to relevant teams.
- Define and manage timelines for documentation updates with every release (SaaS / On Premise)
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams on features shipped
- Work closely with internal development teams, subject matter experts, marketing, and the technical communication team to understand user needs, timelines, formats and more.
- 7+ years of technical writing experience ideally with Cloud platforms and services
- Proficient with agile software development tools such as Jira and Confluence experience with screen capture software such as SnagIt or other screencast recording and editing software
- Experience working with Product, Sales/Marketing and/or Customer Support organizations
- BA/BS in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Virtual Machines / Containers and Linux
- Experience as a System admin with scripting techniques is a huge plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top-notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.