We're looking for a Lead Backend Software Engineer who is passionate about designing, building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data, to work in our Container Intelligence Platform that impacts Enterprise customers.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work from end to end on architecting to delivery, creating new features and functionalities for our Monitor product. You will work closely with our established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe, product team and customers. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the nature of our product portfolio. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll lead projects to form a new flavor of our monitoring product that will allow us to highlight and enhance our fine-grained troubleshooting capabilities at system and application level. Examples of such projects include dynamically and preemptively gathering, assimilating and displaying powerful fine-grained troubleshooting data to help users debug complex problems in highly scalable container-based microservices environments.
- Work as a main point of contact and interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
- Optimize ingest pipeline.
- Put machine learning features into production.
- Handle security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
What you should bring
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Java, C++ or Go is highly preferred
- Prior experience with AWS and building security products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.