Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We’re looking for a technically-savvy and passionate Lead Technical Writer to join our team in San Francisco or alternatively in Raleigh. As Sysdig’s first Lead Technical Writer, you will play a central and critical role in helping drive the overall success of the Technical Writing function. It’s a hands-on role where you will lead all aspects of Technical Writing, primarily serving as the voice of our users and identifying best ways to serve them. You will be instrumental in influencing and guiding senior management on industry best practices and new technologies that will help Sysdig scale.
You’re a self-starter and a thought leader who will help build a strong, positive, and innovative culture of quality and innovation. You have also demonstrated the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. With your strong technical writing skills, attention to detail, solid interpersonal and project management skills, you will be a key link among product, engineering, sales, support, and customers.
- Collaborate with our Engineering teams, Product Managers, Product Designers, Sales, Support, Marketing, and other groups to develop and deliver effective materials that support our products
- Lead documentation projects and provide guidance, support and drive consistency in workflow and writing style for involved writers
- Write technical documentation, how-to-guides release notes, FAQs, user manuals, in-product messages that serve as the primary interface of how to use Sysdig to the external world
- Clearly articulate user value while maintaining user objectives, in all documentation
- Ensure documentation shared with customers is accurate, current and of highest quality. In several cases, test the documentation and report bugs/issues to relevant teams.
- Define and manage timelines for documentation updates with every release (SaaS / On Premise)
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams on features shipped
- Work closely with internal development teams, subject matter experts, marketing, and the technical communication team to understand user needs, timelines, formats and more.
- 7+ years of technical writing experience ideally with Cloud platforms and services
- Proficient with agile software development tools such as Jira and Confluence experience with screen capture software such as SnagIt or other screencast recording and editing software
- Experience working with Product, Sales/Marketing and/or Customer Support organizations
- BA/BS in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Virtual Machines / Containers and Linux
- Experience as a System admin with scripting techniques is a huge plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top-notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.