Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re looking for an Agent Core Manager to work on the agent component of our product, which is responsible for the technology that makes Sysdig unique. You will be expected to hack the Linux kernel, the Sysdig container and orchestrator analyzers, and the agents for varied cloud-native applications.
You will need to have strong systems-level fundamentals, excellent object-oriented design and coding skills, ability to solve issues in complex distributed environments and be capable of excelling in disparate technologies quickly.
- Lead a geographically distributed team of skilled software engineers and enable them to deliver new products in the Sysdig Agent
- Have the technical capability to understand high-performance Kernel and systems code (mostly in C/C++) and dive in when necessary.
- Manage the growth of the team by hiring top-notch candidates.
- Work with different parts of the company including Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to drive the Agent roadmap.
- 3+ years experience managing a team of systems software engineers.
- 10+ years of overall experience in the software industry
- Hands-on deep knowledge in C and C++
- Ability to work with multiple languages like Go or Java or Python
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with peers, teammates, and customers
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.