Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We are seeking a part time Office Manager to join our growing company and to manage the day-to-day operations of our Raleigh location.
This is a unique opportunity in which you will obtain multi-faceted experience and gain exposure to various areas of the business. The ideal candidate is an energetic, reliable and trust-worthy individual who embraces wearing multiple hats, is well organized and flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a diverse team of people. This is a highly visible role where you will interact with employees at all levels of the company as well as external vendors, customers and candidates.
- Take full ownership of the day-to-day operations of our San Francisco office
- Greet and receive all visitors, answering calls and providing appropriate information
- Organize and maintain office supplies and inventory; anticipate needs and evaluate new office products and ways of doing things that increase efficiency within the work environment
- Participate in office budgeting and cost saving initiatives; oversee vendor management with respect to all office operations functions including, but not limited to; office supplies, food and beverage programming, office equipment and furniture
- Initiate, plan and coordinate various meetings, projects, and events; manage office catering
- Solicit and negotiate vendor bids, contracts, and pricing
- Ensure the entire office, from the meeting rooms to the lobby areas are properly maintained
- Oversee minor construction projects and coordinate with building management, vendors, and contractors
- Manage internal communications including office updates (Slack)
- Act as an onboarding liaison for new hires, partnering closely with IT
- Manage all details and logistics with our external vendor and internal team for ordering fun swag items for our new employees
- Coordinate with Talent/HR and managers on new hire seating assignments and department heads on seating assignment change requests
- Coordinate travel for members of the team and candidates as needed
- Identify facilities issues and concerns and coordinate with stakeholders to address in a timely manner
- Be mindful of all health and safety practices, including helping to ensure compliance and adherence to mandatory COVID-19 office and safety protocols, emergency evacuation procedures and routes, etc.
- Work on ad hoc special projects to help the overall business needs
- 2-3 years of prior experience working as an Office Manager, preferably at a start-up company
- Proactive, friendly, warm personality
- Proven ability to execute in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to work well under pressure without becoming easily overwhelmed; you use discretionary judgment to make solid decisions
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent multi-tasker, who can prioritize and balance quality with efficiency
- Positive self-starter who executes on assignments and meets deadlines with minimal supervision
- You take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions; you proactively seek answers to questions when the answers are not immediately apparent
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent experience
- Budget and expense management experience a plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.