Sysdig is the leading monitoring, visibility, and security company for modern enterprises using container and orchestration platforms, like Docker and Kubernetes. We created the open source Sysdig system instrumentation tool, as well as the open source project Sysdig Falco, on top of which we have built our container monitoring and security products. They are scale-out enterprise products, and they already have multiple integration points with cloud-native open source systems such as Kubernetes and Prometheus.
And we want to do more. We are ardent fans of open source and want to support its growth, which is where you come in! We’re looking for a developer to work on the Sysdig open source projects (Sysdig, Falco) and related open-source projects.
The best part? You can work out of either one of our offices ( London, Belgrade, San Francisco, Turin or Raleigh).
- Build open source server side systems and client tooling in C++ and Lua.
- Work with and for the Cloud Native community – primarily via software development but also some public speaking and writing.
- Listen to users in order to prioritize features and improvements.
- Maintain a healthy community through responding to Github issues, reviewing pull requests, engaging with users in Sysdig’s OSS Slack team.
- You have prior open source contributions, preferably to related projects in the “cloud native” monitoring and observability space.
- You believe that clear written communication is an essential part of open source collaboration, and have a record of high-quality interactions on PRs/issues/designs
- You have extensive experience with multiple languages, including a lower level language (C, C++, Golang). We prefer candidates with C++ and Lua experience, but showing deep polyglot capabilities will be considered as well.
- You’ve worked on and with multiple data-intensive systems (such as time series databases or search databases)
- You’ve operated a production service, and have associated experience using monitoring and observability tools.
- You are able to work effectively in a remote-first setup (open-source or not)
- You are passionate about modern software delivery from CI/CD to telemetry to cloud-native.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.