Sysdig is looking for an experienced Principal Product Designer to join our design team in San Francisco.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
The ideal designer has experience building products at scale — research, feedback, and user interaction data should be critical parts of your toolkit. You’re comfortable in complex problem spaces and may have a history of working in product areas like system infrastructure monitoring, compliance and security, and software continuous integration and delivery pipelines. You are curious about AI-enabled user interfaces and have utilized data visualizations as a layer in your user interfaces.
Designers at Sysdig play a critical role at every step of the product development process, from high-level ideas to crafting the final user experience for a feature. We look for designers who think deeply, communicate clearly, and thrive collaborating across roles and expertise.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design experiences that make it intuitive for users to interact with complex systems and large data-sets
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to shape product development efforts
- Provide design support throughout the product development, from initial concept to launch and post-release
- Contribute to evolving our design system and UX strategy
- Mentor less experienced designers on the team and help them grow
- Lead the design for your primary projects hands-on, while managing and prioritizing the work for collaborating designers
- Help to grow the design team
What You Should Bring
- 5+ years experience as a member of a product design team in a lead role
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design and interactive prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Self-motivated team player able to work with a highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
To apply, be certain you include a link to your online portfolio, along with your resume. A cover letter that can describe to us why this job, product, and/or company is right for you is a huge plus.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.