Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are a product manager with experience building distributed systems and data analytics platforms at scale with a design sense, we would like to connect. Ideally, you take the initiative to discover customer problems and validate ideas, turning ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead teams building our Kubernetes Data Platform to ingest time series data at scale so cluster users and operators are able to visualize the right data at the right time. We want to learn how workloads and clusters behave so we can provide actionable insights to cluster operators and application development teams. Kubernetes is the defacto standard for orchestrating containers. We want to solve problems for workloads and clusters no matter where they run – in the cloud, on-prem, or both (hybrid).
We are a SaaS first product company – we also provide solutions for our on-prem customers. You’ll be joining a team of experienced product managers who have shipped products that are collectively impacting small to large companies and millions of users around the world.
- Prioritize problems in collaboration with engineering leads; you know the difference between a feature and a problem
- Develop a vision for your product and a mission for your teams
- Prioritize the requests from internal and customers that’s least disruptive to your team
- Discover customer use cases to inform market opportunities
- Write scope documents that define the user flow, requirements, and success criteria
- Use data to inform decision making and help improve systems to get better data
- Lead feature teams so delivery is optimized for speed and time without sacrificing innovation
- Experience working in fast growing teams building distributed systems and data analytics platforms at scale with a design sense
- Understand the operating models of SaaS, Cloud, and on-prem for scale, performance, and reliability of TSDB storage
- Experience with cloud-native applications in containers
- Experience with a SaaS business at scale
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Experience working on technical products, designing both APIs and front-end interfaces
- Collaborated closely with engineers on architecture, design, and product decisions alike
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Working with Kubernetes/Prometheus/Istio ecosystem is a big plus
- A technical degree (engineering, mathematics, CS) with an MBA or comparable experience a big plus
- Hands-on experience as a developer or SRE is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in containers, orchestration, monitoring, security software
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and sales
- You have experience managing technical software products and navigating difficult technical tradeoffs
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a scope document, a QA plan, helping sales with roadmaps, leading use case discovery, or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can take the initiative to discover customer problems and validate ideas
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases at speed
- You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.