We are looking for a deeply technical and strategic Professional Services Engineer to join our team to plan and deliver successful technical integrations of our products at leading Fortune 500 companies. The Professional Services Engineer will be an ideal blend of Pre-Sales Engineer, Relationship Manager, and DevOps Engineer. This role could be based remotely, working west coast hours
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
In this role, the individual will be directly working with one of Sysdig’s largest customers on maintaining and enhancing the Sysdig backend infrastructure.
- Act as an integral member of the Post Sales team including Professional Services, Support, and Customer Success, taking responsibility for solving implementation issues from a technical perspective
- Manage and operate a Kubernetes cluster, hosting a Sysdig backend
- Act as an evangelist of Sysdig technology amongst the world-wide open source and the DevOps community
- Work off/on site with strategic customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish trusted advisor status
- Play a key role in defining and execution of best practices and implementation guides
- Train and support other team members and indirect channel partners (as required)
- Minimum of five years experience as a Professional Services / DevOps Engineer in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift is a must
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with any of the following Scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Have a basic understanding of Application Monitoring and Security
- Ability to travel approx 10-30% of your time (national and international)
- Previous start-up experience, a plus
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple deployments simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Certifications such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer), and any AWS/GCP or OpenShift certification.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.