We’re searching for a Prometheus Evangelist to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: We’re looking for a technically-savvy, code-capable, communicator to join our team to lead our community efforts around Prometheus. Your goal is simple: Help dev and ops teams everywhere realize the value of Prometheus through the creation of useful content, conference talks, blogs, videos, software examples and demos, and even training material.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’re a self-starter with a passion for continually exploring new technology, capable of pushing Sysdig’s own tech to the limits, and comfortable being a key link between Sysdig, and its customers, and the Prometheus community.
What Your Core Priorities Will Be
- Code & Create: Create cool examples, use cases, and demos by dreaming up new scenarios using Prometheus and the entire cloud-native ecosystem.
- Contribute: We want someone who can be an active code contributor to the Prometheus project.
- Communicate & train: You’re a natural teacher. You don’t create just to show others what you can do, you want to show them how they can do it themselves. You do this through blogging, videos, speaking events, and trainings.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related technical product marketing activities.
- Speak: Attend conferences and other events to give compelling, creative talks as well as represent Sysdig.
What You Should Bring
The most important requirement is that you have passion for sharing technology in a hands-on, example oriented way. You’re a natural communicator and you can show it through your previous work.
- 2-4 years in DevOps, Development, or another role that gives you real-world experience with DevOps, automation, monitoring, and infrastructure management.
- Coding/scripting skills. Go, Python are best.
- Also you’re comfortable scripting & leveraging APIs.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair and to different types of audience.
- Experience with cloud
- Willingness to travel
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.