Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re searching for a Sales Engineer to join our team. You will be working with our enterprise sales team to drive Sysdig adoption in all phases of the sales cycle. This is a unique opportunity to engage 1:1 with some of the most progressive technologists in the industry. We’re looking for someone that loves technology, treats customers like partners (not targets), and can hang with a fast-paced, fun-loving sales team.
What you can expect to do:
- Drive in-depth discovery discussions with prospective customers to understand their environment and associated needs
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- Drive proof-of-concept / proof-of-value customer evaluations
- Interface with Sysdig support and customer success teams to ensure happy Sysdig customers are power users of the product
- Host webinars & other marketing activity (virtual events, booth duty, etc.)
- Responding to RFP, RFI and other customer questionnaires (we have an internal library of answers to simplify this)
- Partnering with the sales and contribute to the sales plan
- Continually learning about the technology we support (AWS, K8s, etc.)
- Close collaboration with other teams (post-sales, product management, etc.)
- Help shape the culture and future of the Sysdig sales engineering organization
- Technical sales experience with security solutions, monitoring solutions, container solutions, and/or enterprise software.
- BS in EE/CS from a top university
- Exposure to the container ecosystem and microservices
- Significant Fortune 500 Customer facing experience
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end-users
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience balancing multiple customers while getting results quickly
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- Command-line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client-facing skills
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas, so these would be a bonus:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Security SW
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/ ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.