Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we are at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open-source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we are a great place to work too, we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is seeking a driven Sales Engineer for the Singapore region to drive revenue for its Secure DevOps SaaS platform. You will be technical sales support for opportunities targeting mid-market companies looking for new monitoring and security solutions for their microservices and cloud-native applications. Demand for our offering has skyrocketed over the last 12 months as customers realize that legacy tools simply do not cut it in the new stack. Kubernetes and containers require purpose-built solutions designed for the cloud. Sysdig is already the Secure DevOps platform for hundreds of Enterprises, and we are just getting started.
- Drive in-depth discovery discussions with prospective customers to understand their environment and associated needs.
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations.
- Drive proof-of-concept / proof-of-value customer evaluations
- Interface with Sysdig support and customer success teams to ensure happy Sysdig customers are power users of the product.
- Host webinars & other marketing activity (virtual events, booth duty, etc.)
- Responding to RFP, RFI and other customer questionnaires (we have an internal library of answers to simplify this)
- Partnering with the sales and contribute to the sales plan.
- Continually learning about the technology, we support (AWS, K8s, etc.)
- Close collaboration with other teams (post-sales, product management, etc.)
- Once travel is safe again:
- Visiting customers, partners, and supporting physical events (i.e. KubeCon)
- On site discovery workshops, customer evaluations and training sessions
- Occasional (minimum annually) travel to USA
- Your Background
- Technical sales experience with security solutions, monitoring solutions, container solutions, and/or enterprise software. Preferably SaaS based
- Exposure to the container ecosystem and microservices
- Significant Fortune 500 customer facing experience.
- Empathy and understanding of customer challenges and requirements.
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end users.
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect accurate and timely responses.
- Experience balancing multiple customers while getting results quickly.
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Confidence to qualify engagements and prioritise workloads.
- A coach for your team and alliance partners
- Prior start-up experience preferred.
- Command line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas, so these would be a bonus:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, IBM, VMware, OpenStack)
- Security solutions (vulnerability management, incident response, pen testing, intrusion detection / prevention, etc.)
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Networking, routing, encryption, load balancing
- Containerisation, Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies
- Sales methodologies and frameworks
- Previous start-up experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Fluent English is a requirement (written and spoken).
Why work at Sysdig?
- We are a well-funded start-up that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/ ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, House Cleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up-to-date CV in English would be appreciated.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.