Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
The focus of a Security Research Team is to study and analyze new malware found in the wild and to hunt new bugs and weaknesses in applications, infrastructures, and cloud Environments that might cause cybersecurity issues.
As part of the Security Research team in Sysdig, the student/graduate will be involved in security research related to containers and Cloud worlds. The intern will have the opportunity to deep dive into a security topic, gathering information to understand the issue and come up with valuable attack scenarios. The intern will go through the technical security aspects, from malware reverse engineering to vulnerability exploitations, and create proper detection rules using open source and enterprise tools. The student/graduate has also the opportunity to write technical articles which will be published in the company blog, getting the chance to become a reference point in the security context.
During the project, the candidate will be supported by a senior Security Researcher who will supervise the research, pointing the student in the right direction.
A brilliant Information Security or Computer Science student (bachelor’s/master’s degree) who is interested in security topics and wants to become a Security Researcher.
- Continuous learner
- Knowledge of major Security threats
- Confident in Linux systems
- Passionate about scripting
- Knowledge of Containers
- Basic knowledge of Security tools (also at the academic level)
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/ ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
An immersive and unforgettable experience
- Duration, up to 6 months (extendable to 12)
- Competitive monthly reimbursement + ticket restaurants
- Flexible working hours (smart-working)
- Supportive team
- Direct supervision from a Senior Software Engineer
- Concrete possibility of post-internship hiring
Acquired skills post-internship
- TBD together with the professor
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.