Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are a highly motivated attorney with a passion for technology and innovation, we would like to connect. Ideally, you have the ability and expertise to articulate legal positions and strategies concisely and quickly.
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel, Contracts to provide legal support for a variety of general corporate matters, with a strong emphasis on contracts. This person will focus primarily on working closely with the sales organization to help close revenue transactions with large global enterprises.
Additionally, this person will assist with other areas such as supply contracts, compliance, and employment-related legal issues. We are large enough to present a variety of complex and interesting legal challenges yet small enough that being nimble, juggling priorities and focusing on driving business outcomes, are highly valued by the company.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon general business transactions to include sales contracts ranging from standard contracts to one-off, complex, high-dollar-value transactions
- Advise business associates on contract law as applicable
- Streamline contract management processes and templates, and conduct training sessions for internal Sales team members on procedures and other legal topics as necessary
- Be a trusted advisor and valued partner to the global sales organization
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex agreements with clients and partners
- Review major vendor agreements (MSAs, SOWs) and recommend contract language changes as needed
- Assist with employment legal matters as needed
- Direct the implementation and ongoing management of Sysdig’s Security policy, Document Retention policy, etc.
- Continuously build relationships with key stakeholders to provide practical legal advice
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards; partner with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth
- Special projects as needed
- Must have a JD degree and be a member of the California State Bar
- 5-10 years of experience in-house, law firm or mix
- Strong transactional and contracts background at a technology company is required, prior startup experience preferred
- Excellent contract negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Superior business partnering abilities and business acumen
- Genuine passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization; requires judgment and self-confidence but also respect for others, regardless of position, and willingness to work as a team member
- Ability to articulate legal positions and strategies concisely and quickly
- Proven ability to identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations, and ensure legal compliance
- Possess good judgment and the ability to make good decisions that balance the important business and legal priorities of the company
- Exceptional attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Thrives in a high-paced, changing work environment
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.