We’re searching for a Senior Director of Front-End Engineering to lead the development of user-friendly interfaces for our Container Intelligence Platform.
Sysdig has created the only unified platform to deliver container security, monitoring, and forensics in a microservices-friendly architecture. Our open source technologies have attracted a community of over a million developers, administrators and other IT professionals looking for deep visibility into applications and containers. Our cloud-native intelligence platform monitors and secures millions of containers across hundreds of enterprises, including Fortune 500 companies and web-scale properties.
- 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times
- 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Winner of Three 2019 Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Award categories
- Sysdig Falco, Sysdig, and Sysdig Inspect Win 2019 InfoWorld Best of Open Source Software Awards
Reporting to our VP of Engineering, you will be instrumental in the development of the UI of our flagship monitoring and security products. You will be chartered with leading and scaling a seasoned and passionate team of developers based in San Francisco, Raleigh and Europe (Italy and Serbia). We’re seeking a motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent.
What you'll be doing
- Be Sysdig’s overall leader for user-interface engineering
- Drive the execution and delivery of front-end features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers. Balance rigor and process against velocity.
- Champion incredible user-experience across all products
- Build a front-end architecture that can maintain long term viability.
- Be an advocate for technical documentation.
- Lead strategic planning and design sessions with the Design team, Product Management and stakeholders to create a shared vision and technical roadmap.
- Draw on customer feedback and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services.
- Lead multiple teams of globally distributed software engineers (San Francisco, Raleigh, Europe)
- Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of strong engineers.
- Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Act as an agent of change providing different perspectives and outside of the box thinking
What you should bring
- You have ideally led UI or front-end engineering teams at high-growth companies
- 8+ years experience managing global, geographically distributed teams
- Successful technical background leading the development and delivery of complex, data-driven enterprise class software
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive engineering work in a hands-on fashion when needed
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.