We’re looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help us lead the container revolution.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and mission-critical commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and seeing rapid adoption. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will build solutions to enhance the availability, performance, and resilience of the Sysdig SaaS and On Premise products. You will collaborate with a high-performing Infrastructure team to help drive the scalability of the platform for our customers and the entire engineering organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Enhance services running in Kubernetes to horizontally scale and self-heal in the face of network disruptions
- Build and manage systems across internal and production AWS environments with a focus on configuration as code and platform automation
- Build and improve internal developer tools and help drive true Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to increase productivity across the engineering organization
- Automate the installation of our entire platform deployments across cloud and on-prem environments
- Performance tune, load test, and optimize the information/data processing platform
- Instill DevOps best practices across teams
Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Terraform, AWS
What You Should Bring
- Production software development experience in a high-level language, preferably Golang/Python/Java
- Worked with containers such as Docker, Rkt (Rocket), Containerd
- Aptitude for diagnosing complex problems in high-throughput web applications and network services
- Solid understanding of Linux systems and networking
Things We Love to See
- Provisioned and operated Kubernetes or OpenStack clusters
- Management of any of these clusters: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, HBase
- Proficiency with configuration management tools. We love Terraform, but you may have opinions on Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack
- Experience diagnosing and resolving customer facing production service outages
- You have used tools for monitoring cloud services like Sysdig, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Nagios, and you have a framework for ensuring alerts are actionable
- Experience managing the alphabet soup of AWS technologies including EC2, RDS, Auto ScalingGroups, ALB/NLB, IAM
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating, monitoring, and securing Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.