Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve our ambitious goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What will you do
We are looking for our very first Senior Legal Counsel, EMEA to join the Sysdig Legal team, reporting to the VP of Legal. You will become the local “go to” resource for regional legal issues and contracts of all kinds, with an emphasis on supporting channel and sales and negotiating and closing commercial deals.
What you will bring with you
- Legal education from a reputable university in the EU
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience as qualified attorney practicing law in Europe, preferably part of it as an in-house counsel in high growth tech environment
- Fluent in English (and either Italian or Spanish, depending on job location)
- Excellent drafting, decision-making, and efficient deal closure skills
- You are comfortable with privacy and compliance matters, legal implications of SaaS (information security, data protection), channel business, technology transactions and procurement
- Experience in employment, IP and M&A a bonus (or a willingness to learn)
- Experience in working with and managing outside counsel
What we look for
- A sense of humor, positivity, and a roll up your sleeves “can do” attitude are absolute musts
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with all parties at all levels, both internal and external)
- Appetite for collaboration and problem solving
- Ability to work independently, with sound business-forward advice
- Ability to take and drive projects to closure
- Ability to pivot quickly when needed, and enjoy building processes that appropriately scale a growing business
- A willingness to take on new challenges or learn a new area of legal practice
- Comfortable with having a manager who is remote (US-based)
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career growth
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Company provided Wellness Days
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.