Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
At Sysdig we believe our values make us who we are and inspire and guide us every day. They drive our culture, our strategy, and our vision. Our three values are: Love our Customers, Trust the Team and Dig Deeper. We are creating the best in class customer experience in Cloud, Kubernetes, and Container security. You can see our Sysdig Vision here.
If you are a manager of a highly skilled technical incident response team working with customers in the enterprise, we would like to connect. Ideally, you will have experience as a technical team lead, escalation resource, or support operations manager – overseeing the people, processes, and technology used to deliver successful deployments and facilitate technical problem resolution of high complexity.
We’re seeking a client-facing Senior Manager, Customer Reliability Engineering in North America with strong leadership and a problem-solving mindset to ensure operational excellence and our customer’s success. You will be managing a team of 5 – 12 highly skilled technical support delivery engineers across North American time zones.
We are looking for a technical team leader with a mix of technical solution delivery and business operations experience to provide a world-class customer service experience, meeting and exceeding organizational goals and objectives. You will be a key point of contact for orchestrating the resolution of complex technical issues during North American hours. You will also serve as a customer advocate – ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments – while continuously receiving exemplary service. You can also expect to dig deep into the Sysdig technology stack; and have the ability to talk to the technical aspects of Sysdig’s product offering and function.
- Work as an integral member of the support management team overseeing incident management and customer problem resolution
- Manage and develop a team of highly technical support engineers; including hiring, professional development, and project work
- Design, implement, and maintain the processes and technologies to enhance the function and workflows of support delivery
- Document issues and collaborate with Engineering (as required) to provide solutions
- Oversee technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers
- Assist in customer installs and integrations
- Lead the development of internal and customer-facing documentation and knowledge
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering
- Participate in on-call rotations
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support manager/escalation resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS)
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Track record of on-time project delivery and management
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks
- Fluent English language skills
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage, and prioritize activities
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas; seeing them to fruition
Things we love to see:
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and / or Kafka
- Hands-on Linux systems administration experience
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software
- Familiarity with a variety of collaboration and BI tools / technologies including:
- Atlassian Confluence
- Atlassian Jira
- Salesforce Analytics Cloud / Tableau
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Upland RightAnswers
- Experience in application integration is highly desired
- Previous start-up experience a plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.