Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architecture at a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Here at Sysdig we are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive environment. We love to meet great people, so even if you don’t tick every single box, apply anyway! For the right candidate, this could be a Director level position.
Sysdig is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Sr. Manager or Director to lead a team of highly skilled DevOps and Infrastructure engineers. In this role, you will manage the team that owns the provisioning, scalability, availability, and maintenance of our multi-cloud infrastructure. You will set direction to operate infrastructure-as-code, build automation wherever possible, and maintain production-critical services across many Kubernetes clusters. You will help build an engineering culture of quality, empathy, and growth.
We value a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can help make production a safer, more reliable environment.
- Lead and manage a team of DevOps engineers
- Collaborate with stakeholders on other teams, customers, and partners
- Work with Engineering leadership to plan and build shared services and platforms that meet the requirements and needs of the application teams
- Own, plan, and communicate your team’s technical roadmap
- Own and improve the process for securing and managing cloud infrastructure
- Grow the team through mentorship of existing engineers and recruiting/hiring additional people
- Ensure we build systems that are scalable, resilient, and self-healing in public cloud and hybrid environments
- Manage and improve on-call and incident management process
Experience we love to see:
- Prior experience managing a DevOps, Infrastructure, or SRE team and a history of positively impacting engineering culture
- Experience managing cloud-based distributed systems at high scale in production
- Knowledge of the Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Native ecosystem
- Experience with an Infrastructure-as-code tool such as terraform
- Solid foundation of networking concepts
- Successes in removing friction to deliver well-tested code to production through automation
- Opinions on observability and incident response best practices
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.