As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be part of core functional testing team. You will have the opportunity to test the different components/services of microservices based application. Part of the growing team you will have the chance to work on the full stack. You will also use advanced test tools written in Java and Python to test complex areas of the product. You will play a key role in delivering a very high-quality product.
- As a Senior Software QA Engineer, you need to write Test Strategy/Test Plans, introduce best QA practices.
- Participate actively in Agile SDLC
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based on functional and design specifications focusing on specific user stories
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems
- Strategically perform incremental testing for our Monitor & Secure product
- Working with support, product management to understand customer cases and set priority
- 5+ years of experience Software QA role and demonstrated experience in a black box and/or grey box testing.
- Hands-on with testing RESTful APIs and web-based User Interface
- Well versed with SDLC
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Good communication skills
- Any coding experience in Java and/or Python will be awesome to have
- Skilled in test frameworks but not limited to Junit, TestNG, PyUnit etc
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications(SAAS and On-Prem)
- Experience in creating microservices based environments and reproduce customer problems
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable engineering culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have a fun team and company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.