Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is hiring a Senior Technical/Revenue Accountant in our Raleigh office to be an essential part of our growing finance team. You will be a key member of the Finance and Accounting organization, which is responsible for corporate accounting, internal and external reporting, budgets, forecasts and financial controls. You will initially own the “quote to cash” cycle including month, quarter, and year-end closes as well as balance sheet reconciliations. This role reports directly to our Corporate Controller and offers the opportunity for career growth as the Company continues to expand. The candidate must be analytical and have a keen attention to detail. The candidate should possess the motivation and drive to operate independently once provided general direction. Depending on the candidate’s preference, this position can be remote and require minimal attendance in the company’s Raleigh office.
As the Senior /Technical Revenue Accountant you will have responsibility for Software & SaaS revenue recognition with multiple elements under ASC 606 including monthly recording and reconciliation of revenue-related accounts. In addition to the quote to cash duties, you will research & document accounting treatment for technical projects related to new ASC accounting standards and for other initiatives as needed.
- Review customer contracts & complete revenue checklist
- Own monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and AR close process including monitoring, review, and analysis of revenue activity including the generation of journal entries
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation for quote to cash process
- Perform and/or update our SSP study and appropriate revenue allocation in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist with requests from our Sales team that pertain to revenue recognition and revenue-related matters
- Participate in a process improvement for “order to cash” process
- Preparation of technical memos, as needed
- Preparation of operational due diligence for transactions such as stock offerings, acquisitions and divestitures
- Research & document projects related to technical transactions
- Collaborate with external auditors and consultants
- Work cross-functionally to ensure compliance
- Support the corporate and international operating business units with U.S. GAAP rules, policy analysis, and advice
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of public accounting audit experience (preferably with Big 4)
- Advanced working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong technical, organization, planning, and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of relevant revenue accounting experience in software, preferably with SaaS revenue and Enterprise Software experience
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.