We’re searching for a Senior Sales Engineer to to drive licensing revenue in the NYC Metro Area, being part of our founding Enterprise Sales team.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
You will be working with our enterprise sales team to drive Sysdig adoption in all phases of the sales cycle. This is a unique opportunity to engage 1:1 with some of the most progressive technologists in the industry. We’re looking for someone that loves technology, treats customers like partners (not targets), and can hang with a fast-paced, fun-loving sales team.
What you can expect to do:
- Drive in-depth discovery discussions with prospective customers to understand their environment and associated needs
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- Interface with Sysdig engineering team to tailor offering to specific customer needs
- Assist customers with POCs
- Interface with Sysdig support team to ensure happy Sysdig customers are power users of the product
- Help shape the culture and future of the Sysdig sales engineering organization
- 8+ years technical sales experience with infrastructure, enterprise software
- BS in EE/CS from a top university
- Exposure to the container ecosystem and microservices
- Significant Fortune 500 Customer facing experience
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end users
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience balancing multiple customers while getting results quickly
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- Command line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Security SW
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.