Sysdig is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to cover the Nordics. We’re on the forefront of container and microservice adoption in some of the largest enterprise accounts in the world and need top talent to help prospective customers see the value of our product. Demand for our offering has skyrocketed over the last 12 months as customers realize that technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos need a container-native monitoring solution.
The successful candidate for this role will be working with our enterprise sales team to drive Sysdig adoption in all phases of the sales cycle. This is a unique opportunity to engage 1:1 with some of the most progressive technologists in the industry. We’re looking for someone that loves technology, treats customers like partners (not targets), and can hang with a fast-paced, fun-loving sales team.
What you can expect to do:
- Drive in-depth discovery discussions with prospective customers to understand their environment and associated needs
- Conduct virtual and live product demonstrations
- Interface with Sysdig engineering team to tailor offering to specific customer needs
- Assist customers with POCs
- Interface with Sysdig support team to ensure happy Sysdig customers are power users of the product
- Help shape the culture and future of the Sysdig sales engineering organization
- 8+ years technical sales experience with infrastructure, enterprise software
- BS in EE/CS from a top university
- Exposure to the container ecosystem and microservices
- Significant Fortune 500 Customer facing experience
- Be an optimistic, energetic person who loves engaging with people – whether they are customers, prospects, or members of the community.
- History of success working directly with end users
- World-class reliability – our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience balancing multiple customers while getting results quickly
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- Prior startup experience highly preferred
- Command line proficiency Linux, Mac OSX
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
Our SE's generally have specialized in one or several of the following areas:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
- Security SW
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.