Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our next generation distributed data store, with a focus on our enterprise-grade solution for Prometheus metrics.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will have a broad impact, from architecture to delivery. You will work closely with our product and engineering team which is spread throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities including the potential to guide the company’s enterprise Prometheus solution and participating in the Prometheus community.
- Serve as an engineering architect to Sysdig’s Prometheus initiatives.
- Architect and build Prometheus solutions and integrations into the Sysdig Monitor and Secure product lines.
- Contribute to our distributed time-series data store and data ingestion pipeline.
- Work on internal GRPC APIs that access the datastore
- Engage with the Prometheus community, author and contribute to upstream Prometheus and related projects when mutually beneficial
- Coordinate planning and implementation with US & European members of the data store team
- Create internal architecture and implementation documentation
- 7+ years of experience in Java microservices
- 2+ years of experience in Golang
- Prior experience building distributed services, especially online or real-time data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using Prometheus/PromQL, Grafana is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.