Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on end to end on our security side of the product, from architecting to delivery, creating new features and functionalities. You will work closely with our established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe, product team and customers. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
- You'll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude, such as processing billions of events a day and developing a correlation engine for thousands of data points
- Work as a main point of contact and interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
- Optimize ingest pipeline
- Put machine learning features into production
- Handle security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Java, C++ or Go is highly preferred
- Prior experience with AWS and building security products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.