Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on our security side of the product, from architecting to delivery, creating new features and functionalities. You will work closely with our established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe, product team and customers. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform. Our teams are responsible for delivering features in the areas of Runtime Threat Detection in Kubernetes and Containers, Network Security, Cloud Security (across AWS, GCP and Azure) and features which provide Insights into your Cloud and Container infrastructure.
- Lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude.
- Design and implement scalable features in one or more areas mentioned above.
- Interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
- Handle security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building backend components including APIs and data processing pipelines which scale horizontally.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Go, Java or C++ is highly preferred
- Prior experience with AWS and building security products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.