We’re seeking a client-facing Senior Support and Escalation Engineer with a problem-solving mindset to support and resolve the technical issues experienced by some of our highest-value customers.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
We are looking for a technically strong individual with a mix of technical support and engineering experience to work with our enterprise customers. You will be a key point of customer contact for resolving complex technical issues. You will also serve as a customer advocate, ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments, while continuously receiving exemplary service.
- Work as an integral member of the support team providing incident management and customer problem resolution
- Document issues and collaborate with Engineering (as required) to provide solutions
- Conduct technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers
- Assist in customer installs and integrations
- Help with development of internal and customer-facing documentation
- Play a key role in the formulation of FAQs and execution process and procedures
- Triage and document bugs and enhancement requests as seen in the field
- Train and support other team members and channel partners (as required)
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support/escalations resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS)
- Hands-on Linux experience is a must
- Should have scripting knowledge (Bash/Shell/Python, etc)
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software
- Software development experience using Java, Ruby, Go, Python
- Previous start-up experience a plus
- Experience in application integration is highly desired
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.