Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
Sysdig is currently seeking a Senior Support/Escalation Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Customer Support team, you will be responsible for teaming with your support counterparts and troubleshooting the various issues that our clients face with Sysdig’s Cloud and On-Prem offering. You will be a key point of customer contact for resolving complex technical issues. You will also serve as a customer advocate, ensuring our customers are successful with their deployments, while continuously receiving exemplary service.
- Work as an integral member of the support team providing incident management and customer problem resolution
- Document issues and collaborate with Engineering (as required) to provide solutions.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting sessions with internal team members and customers
- Assist in customer installs and integrations
- Help with development of internal and customer-facing documentation
- Play a key role in the formulation of FAQs and execution process and procedures
- Help triage and document bugs and enhancement requests as seen in the field
- Train and support other team members and channel partners (as required)
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a technical support/escalations resource for enterprises in a similar or related field (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS)
- Hands-on Linux experience is a must
- Should have scripting knowledge (Bash/Shell/Python, etc)
- Knowledge of software application monitoring frameworks
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer issues simultaneously
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Working knowledge of cloud/container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and other tools/platforms like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software
- Software development experience using Java, Ruby, Go, Python
- Previous start-up experience a plus
- Experience in application integration is highly desired
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have a fun team and company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.