Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re looking for Senior Systems Software Engineers to work on the agent component of our product, which is responsible for the technology that makes Sysdig unique. You will be expected to hack the Linux kernel, the Sysdig container and orchestrator analyzers, and the agents for varied cloud-native applications.
You will need to have strong systems-level fundamentals, excellent object-oriented design and coding skills, ability to solve issues in complex distributed environments and be capable of excelling in disparate technologies quickly.
- Lead the design and development efforts in the agent and Sysdig backend for new features across geographically distributed teams
- Implement architectural changes that advance product scale in large enterprise production environments
- Build, enhance, and scale solutions for Kubernetes and other Orchestrators
- 5+ years of experience in building and optimizing scalable and distributed software systems
- 7+ years of overall experience in the software industry
- Awesome skills in C and C++
- Expertise in Go or Java is highly preferred
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus is a plus
- Experience in scripting and DevOps is a plus
- Ability to articulate ideas, designs, and implementation details to internal stakeholders and, when applicable, to customers is required
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.