Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are a Systems Software Engineer with a passion for building and delivering innovative and robust products, we would like to connect. Ideally, you have strong kernel and systems software development experience and a desire to create high impact cloud software solutions.
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Systems Software Engineer to work on our Container Intelligence Platform. You will play a key role in designing and building cutting-edge products and driving customer success through high-quality R&D level support when necessary, resulting in hundreds of happy enterprise customers and disrupting the monitoring and security space in the Containers World.
As a Senior Systems Software Engineer, you will work closely with our Product team to understand requirements for new features and products in our Agent software, design solutions in collaboration with other Engineering teams, and engage with our Support team to enhance the customer experience.
- Architect and develop high-quality software in the Agent component
- Collaborate effectively with engineers from multiple teams to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Understand complex software components and use industry-standard software development practices to continuously improve quality and capability
- Work with Open Source Software community
- Build software that can perform at cloud scale
- Mentor junior engineers
- Proficient in coding with C++
- Ability to understand and work with other languages like Go, Java or Python
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes
- Broad exposure to container and Kubernetes ecosystems
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results-oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Good communication skills
Things we like to see:
- Good understanding of systems software: kernel, device drivers, system calls.
- Comfortable working with microservices
- Ability to switch contexts and programming languages
- Unix, Linux tools for performance analysis and debugging problems
- scripting experience
- Docker and other container runtime environments
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.