Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we're at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Systems Software Engineer to work on our Runtime Detection Platform. You will play a key role in designing and building cutting-edge products and driving customer success through high-quality R&D level support when necessary, resulting in hundreds of happy enterprise customers and disrupting the Cloud and Container security space.
As a Senior Systems Software Engineer, you will work closely with our Product team to understand requirements for new features and products in our Host software, design solutions in collaboration with other Engineering teams, and engage with our Support team to enhance customer experience.
- Architect and develop high quality software in host components
- Collaborate effectively with engineers from multiple teams to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Understand complex software components and use industry standard software development practices to continuously improve quality and capability
- Work with Open Source Software community
- Build software that can perform at cloud scale
- Mentor junior engineers
- Proficient in coding with C++
- Ability to understand and work with other languages like Go, Java or Python and even assembly language
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes
- Broad exposure to container, Kubernetes, AWS and other cloud ecosystems
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Good communication skills
Things we like to see:
- Good understanding of systems software: kernel, device drivers, system calls, multithreading, performance optimization
- Comfortable working with microservices
- Ability to switch contexts and programming languages to deal with complex problems
- Unix, Linux tools for performance analysis and debugging problems
- scripting experience
Key Technologies – Required
- Docker and other container runtime environment
Key Technologies – Preferred
- Distributed Systems
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/ ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, House Cleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.