Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve our ambitious goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As the Sysdig Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for Sysdig’s social media presence, owning the earned social direction for the company. You will need a deep understanding of corporate social media. Our audience is technical and you will need a high-level understanding of cloud and security technologies. You will be responsible for writing, planning, scheduling, responding, and measuring social content.
What you will do
- Manage the social platform, which includes creating, writing, and publishing all social posts, collaborating cross-functionally with various departments—including HR, Communications, Product, Marketing, and Customer Advocacy—to support social initiatives.
- Ideate social concepts and earned campaigns, bringing them through to completion.
- Manage social calendars and keep up-to-date for corporate accounts and company advocates.
- Engage, educate, and encourage Sysdig’s internal advocates and continue to grow the program.
- Take a data-driven approach, analyze performance of organic pages, and craft reporting for relevant internal groups to help shape and drive content moving forward.
- Participate in social listening and build engaging content based on what’s buzzing.
- Own the “call for papers” program at Sysdig, including tracking due dates and collaborating cross-team to encourage submissions and tracking what is accepted.
- Manage association memberships.
- 10-15% travel (when safe to do so).
What you will bring with you
- 1-3 years of social marketing experience. Agency experience is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and instincts.
- A sharp feel for the social media landscape.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work on a tight timeline.
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- DevOps, cloud, Kubernetes and/or SaaS security experience is a plus.
- Experience directing designers is a plus.
What we look for
- 1-3+ years of experience leading Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook channels. Nuanced understanding of each platform and how to optimize copy and content across these platforms.
- A solid understanding of social content management systems and standard methodologies.
- Analytical and action-driven approach, turn data into action, being able to define and refine content strategies based on performance insights.
- A self-starter, you are organized, detailed, and a true phenomenal teammate.
- Limitless creativity, obsession with social media, and a keen eye for detail.
- Ideal but not required: Experience writing for a tech company.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career growth
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Competitive 401(k) match
- Company provided Wellness Days