Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (the fancy way of saying Software Automation engineer in the US) to work on our Container Intelligence Platform.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will impact testing and critiquing software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write automated tests, help design new frameworks and programs to assure high product quality.
- Develop automated tests not only for our products but also in support of other engineers
- Participate actively in a CI&CD based development/testing environment, including reviews and planning activities
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications, focusing on specific user stories and including test cases for regression of current products
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in container and security technology and customer experience
- Architect and implement testing frameworks for our applications
During the first months you can expect the following
- In one month:
- You will have gone through the Onboarding process and will meet all the automation team
- You will start doing your first code related tasks and contributions to our code.
- In three months:
- You will have started working inside one of our dev cross-functional teams, helping with the automation of the features and issues.
- You will be familiar with the frameworks we use and will be able to modify them.
- You will participate in the automation meetings starting to see the challenges that we have and will be involved in the decision making about how to solve them.
- In six months:
- We expect you to be already well integrated in your team, and cross-collaborating with the rest of the automation engineers.
- You will be working on several projects and features, helping developers to achieve a good level of quality in the product through automation.
- You will be leading major improvements and modifications in our frameworks.
Our wish list for you
- Python, Bash (and some Java) fluency should be there (3+ years)
- Skilled in test frameworks like Pytest, PyUnit, Unittest, robotframework, etc
- Jenkins pipelines scripting knowledge is a must for this position
- Unix, Linux tools for systems administration, with some Unix scripting experience
- Some Helm, Kubernetes and/or containers experience will be nice to have
- Infrastructure as a code technologies like Terraform and/or Ansible (or similar)
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Nice experience with AWS Console or any other cloud provider.
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications (SaaS and/or On-Prem)
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Good communication skills in distributed and remote environments
Please if you only match part of the above list but you are interested in learning the rest, apply anyway. We will be more than happy to know you and see if we can fit together.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We are a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Ticket restaurants
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be appreciated.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.