Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- As part of the Quality Automation team you will be involved around our product release process. That will require you to review and improve many areas inside and outside our team.
- You will need to maintain and improve existing testing frameworks we use across the company for assuring our product quality. You will also be automating several tests cases so our coverage improves and we do not trip over the same stone twice.
- We need to improve the way we gather trustable data around how our optimizations are behaving with regards to product performance. You will be gathering requirements, running performance tests, creating framework modules or integrating existing tools around system performance and stability.
- We all know every step we automate requires maintenance; whenever we find some issue while running our checks you will need to research and dig deeper in order to find out the actual reason of the failure and make sure we get rid of that defect.
- Around 37% of the times, a defect our automation finds is due to an issue with our own QA code or automation workflow, so you will be helping us to improve that.
What you will bring with you
- There are tons of cloud providers outside there ie. AWS, GPC, IBM Cloud, Azure, … You need to be “fluent” with one of them (we work with a bunch of them) so there wouldn't be any issue in creating big clusters and configure them automagically.
- Kubernetes knowledge. Whenever we find an issue we need to research where it came from inside a K8s cluster.
- We mainly code in Python and Java. It would be great if you could bring some experience with Pytest, Junit, TestNG or similar testing frameworks.
- If it is not running in Jenkins, it does not exist. Having good experience with Jenkins (or any other CI software) is required.
- After we validate a piece of software we want to deliver it to our customers, so having previous experience in automating or managing any kind of software is a nice experience you can bring to Sysdig.
What we look for
- “Trust the team” is actually an important mantra for us. We grow bigger, thus you will need to find balanced solutions with autonomy. Does that sound good to you?
- We do regular pair/mob programming sessions. If you like the approach or you would like to practice it, come and help us improve!
- Communication is key. You will need to gather requirements, give feedback to your teammates and outside the team, also report current status and blockers, propose new ideas, prepare internal workshops/hands-on, … Communication is key.
- SMART, KISS, DRY, TDD. Incremental changes, kaizen, avoiding knowledge silos. We try, we fail, we improve. If you are aligned in building maintainable pieces of code with reasonable timing you should be a good fit in the team.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Some of our Hiring Managers are globally distributed, an English version of your most up to date Cv will be highly appreciated!
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.