We’re searching for a Solutions Architect for our Technical Alliances team to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere.
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
Now, back to you: As a Solutions Architect you will design and execute a plan to accelerate and scale our Key Strategic Partnerships by driving the intersection of Sysdig and the partner’s technologies. This position will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the overall success of our technology partnerships. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience and show a track-record of success in developing and building technology partnerships for a fast-growing startup in a disruptive technology space. In addition, a background in the security software market is critical.
- As a Solutions Architect you will establish preference for Sysdig technology and win Next Gen Reference Architectures jointly with Strategic technology partners and other external partners
- Be the Sysdig subject matter expert (SME) for the key technology partnerships in evangelizing and promote our solutions with the partner’s solutions and helping promote them across the internal and external ecosystems
- Work closely with the Strategic Alliances and Channels business owners in developing winning plans for driving successful outcomes
- Be the SME regarding the key technology partners solutions and roadmaps by working cross-functionally with the Product Management, Development and Technical Marketing teams in aligning product roadmaps and key technical initiatives
- Key working knowledge of core cloud and container technologies are a must including key personas for Devops & Devsecops teams
- Design & architect joint solutions. Convey functionality & capabilities to address design. Identify key initial design win opportunities and co-deliver to ensure their success
- Develop & execute tech enablement & training enablement plan with the broader SE and Channel Partner organization in order to build technical competency across our channel partner ecosystem
- Ability to organize and lead on-site POCs & workshops, while working closely leading design of specific use cases
- Experience in building Technical Collateral: Technical presentations, Best Practices, Case studies, Ref Architecture Design blueprints, solution guides, demo labs is a key requirement for the role
- Good presentation skills in order to deliver technical presentations of joint partner solutions to partners, field teams and customers as required is a must
- Experience in actively promoting partner joint solutions through blogging and public speaking at industry events
- 10+ years of experience as a Sales engineer, technical product marketing, technical marketing
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, Google, IBM Cloud, Azure, VMware, OpenStack)
- Container Experience (Docker, OpenShift, Pivotal, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in the container and broader security landscape is critical
- Strong background in Open Source technologies and models
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of enterprise IT executives, CIOs, system administrators and cloud infrastructure providers.
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS Cloud, Container & virtualization (including VMware) technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in partner relationship management, either in field technical presales, strategic consulting, technical evangelism or technical alliance management
- Understanding of technical decision makers and their evaluation process in the cloud and container markets, and what it takes to persuade and drive them toward container monitoring and security
- Good technical skills and comfortable in front of internal solutions architects across partners and customers
- Programming proficiency (optional, but highly encouraged)
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Passion and desire to work in a startup culture directly impacting the growth of the company
- A strong sales aptitude and fundamental understanding of the sales process
- A sound tech-savvy, business acumen and the ability to articulate a compelling value proposition in a complex and evolving business environment
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment with an ever-evolving set of solutions
- Manages all aspects of the sales process including lead generation and management, qualification, evaluation, negotiation, close and overall success of the region
- Entrepreneurial – Willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.