Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We’re looking for a strong Professional Services Engineer / Solutions Architect to join our team preferably in Raleigh or remotely from any of the cities in East Coast. This individual will be tasked with driving architectural and strategy discussions, POCs, and post-sales deployments for our largest most complex customer environments. The Professional Services / Solution Engineer will support Sysdig Sales Engineers as their go-to technical resource for Post Sales hand off.
- Act as an integral member of the Post Sales team including Professional Services, Support and Customer Success, taking responsibility for solving customer issues from a technical perspective
- Act as evangelist of Sysdig technology amongst the world-wide open source and devops community
- Work off/on site with strategic customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish trusted advisor status
- Lead proof-of-concepts assisting strategic customers to deploy and integrate Sysdig Monitoring and Security technology into their environments
- Develop best practices and playbooks for Support Engineers and other Solution Engineers
- Play a key role in formulation of FAQ’s and execution process and procedures
- Train and support other team members and indirect channel partners (as required)
- Act as a product enhancement feedback loop with product management and engineering
- Help triage and document bugs and enhancements requests as seen in the field
- Minimum of three years experience as a Professional Services / Solutions engineer or an enterprises in a similar or related fields (container management, cloud management, systems management, PaaS)
- Minimum of three years experience as a Support Level 2 / Escalations engineer or an enterprises in a similar or related fields
- Hands on experience on one or more tools like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, kafka, zookeeper, etc
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure like AWS, GKE and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Openshift is a must
- Understand Application Monitoring
- Experience with any of the Scripting languages (Shell, Bash, Perl, Python etc)
- Ability to travel approx 40-50% of your time
- Previous start-up experience, a plus
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer support issues simultaneously
- Self-motivated with ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that)
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.