Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers.
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is passionate about building scalable services, work on time series and security data in our Cloud Monitoring Platform. You will work alongside an established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. Our customer base and data are steadily growing and we need your help in re-architecting some of our core foundational services to enable future growth of Sysdig.
- Unblock engineers in the team by offering solutions to their technical problems and at times implementing them
- Bring cross team architecture alignment when designing solutions
- Build K8S optimized cloud solutions by utilizing streaming, caching, indexing and database services
- Identify areas of improvement in the product and surface them to product and leadership teams
- Design and implement features in the Cloud Monitoring Platform product
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred * Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.