We are looking for a deeply technical and strategic Technical Account Manager (TAM), to join us in our Raleigh office. As a Technical Account Manager, you will drive maximum adoption of Sysdig’s products and identify service expansion opportunities via high value relationships with our customers, ensuring they remain successful by realizing the full value of their investment with us.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager who will take the reins after a deal is closed effectively becoming the customer's partner to achieving their desired outcomes and business goals. Through on-boarding, training, check-ins and account reviews, we constantly keep a sharp eye on churn indicators. One size does not fit all as our Technical Account Managers prioritize effectively applying different models for high touch and other profiles for efficiency.
- As a trusted advisor, own both overall relationship with customers and their success with Sysdig while increasing adoption and ensuring retention and satisfaction
- Onboard customers by providing training, setting up alerts and creating dashboards
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for advocacy
- Work with customers to establish critical goals and other key performance indicators, and aid the customer in achieving their goals as well as identifying and/or developing up-sell opportunities
- Work closely with Sysdig Cloud's Product, Sales, Support and Development teams to quickly onboard customers, define success criteria and surface issues before they materialize
- Develop scalable methods for communicating best practices to customers
- Work closely with Sales to drive renewals and add-ons for customers
- Serve as the escalation point for customer issues
- Strategically funnel customer feedback to Product Management, advocating internally on behalf of your customer's needs to help influence the product map where relevant
- Monitor and maintain client health score and proactively drive action to reduce churn risk
- 3-5 years of experience within a SaaS/PaaS company as a Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer, DevOps, SysAdmin or Support role
- Demonstrated track record of owning customer relationships, including implementation, renewal, and up-sell
- Entrepreneurial approach to work, with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on technology in order to successfully demo our tools and services while articulating Sysdig's product benefits and business value
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills with particular regard to strategic relationships; clear and concise verbal and written communicator
- Proven track record leading customer engagements with demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts, guide strategy and deliver positive results for customers
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Totango, Gainsight and SaaS monitoring platforms
- Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented startup environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to deliver results across multiple initiatives which include increasing revenue growth, customer satisfaction, feature adoption and retention
- Experience with Docker
- Experience using Sysdig
- Experience with Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.