We’re looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to help us to maintain and expand our integrations with Prometheus. If you are passionate about Prometheus and monitoring, we should talk!
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project, is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will be responsible to systematically deploy, test and develop Prometheus exporters and keep them aligned with the requirements of Sysdig monitoring solution, maintaining the current base of exporters, contributing to create new features or develop new exporters from scratch.
What you’ll be doing:
- Continuous deployment and testing: Build different CI pipelines to automatically deploy and test different Prometheus exporters with different configurations and environments.
- Code & create: Develop new exporters or contribute with features to already existing ones following different integration needs. You will maintain key exporters to ensure long-time compatibility and perfect working condition.
- Communicate & enable: Create technical blog posts, working back to back with product marketing to enable and support sales teams and partners. You won’t be showing others what you can do, you will show them how they can do it themselves too.
- Influence product: Work closely with product management and engineering teams to influence product roadmap, review and provide input on product specifications, specifically around Prometheus and Kubernetes monitoring.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating how to use Sysdig tools and value proposition, writing documentation, blog post and contributing to open source exporters.
What you should bring:
- Passionate about Cloud-Native Technologies
- Prior experience in engineering, DevOps or technical marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Key technical skills include:
- Experience with Prometheus. Production experience is especially valuable
- Coding in different languages (Go and Python preferred)
- Experience in Linux systems and DevOps (configuration management, monitoring, CI/CD, etc)
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Highly organized, fluent in English with strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong desire to things right: That means no crappy code or over-engineered solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and still be a team player
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative environment and deliver real value to real users
Don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t know any of the required languages or platforms. We just want to tell you what we are using right now.
We use these three technologies for developing Prometheus integrations:
And the following stack:
- Prometheus and other custom metrics (StatsD, jmx)
- Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Helm / Operator framework
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.