Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We’re the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We’re big fans of Prometheus too!
We’re looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to help us build our integrations with the most popular Cloud providers and Kubernetes platforms. You will develop external software components or expand our monitoring and security products to work with popular open-source projects, different cloud services and Kubernetes platforms together with our technology alliances partners as we disrupt the monitoring and security space in the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Code & create: Develop compelling cool integrations with Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or IBM Cloud and partners like Red Hat or VMware. Create examples, use cases, and product demos that showcase the value of Sysdig tools to customers and partners.
- Communicate & enable: Create technical blog posts, working back to back with product marketing to enable and support sales teams and partners. You won’t be showing others what you can do, you will show them how they can do it themselves too.
- Influence product: Work closely with product management and engineering teams to influence product roadmap, review and provide input on product specifications, specifically around Falco, Prometheus and Istio.
- Competitive intelligence: Execute testing and comparative analysis on competitors from the feature-level to the architecture and solution level.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating how to use Sysdig tools and value proposition not only through writing but also speaking at conferences, trade shows, to analysts, customers and partners.
The most important requirement is that you have a passion for Cloud-Native technologies. You can quickly develop functional knowledge to analyze, compare and integrate them, understanding how they work under the hood.
- You want to do things right: That means no crappy code or over engineered solutions.
- You are a continuous learner who grows as a professional and helps the team to grow.
- You feel like a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment and loves to deliver real value to real users.
- You can work autonomously and still have a big impact as a team player.
- You have most of the following skills:
- Coding and leveraging APIs.
- Experience in Linux systems and DevOps (configuration management, monitoring, CI/CD, etc).
- Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Highly organized, fluent in English with strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You already worked on engineering, DevOps or technical marketing before.
Don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t know any of the required languages or platforms. We just want to tell you what we are using right now.
We use these three technologies for developing integrations:
And the following stack:
- Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Helm / Operator framework
Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Are you ready to join us?
We're excited to receive your application.